Los Angeles has something for everyone. From Los Angeles best beaches to musical performances. If you enjoy sports, then you’re in the right city, because LA has quickly become one of the biggest sports meccas in the county. The city boasts not one but two teams in the National Football League as well as other sports such as soccer, baseball, basketball, and ice hockey. Read on to find out about all that you can enjoy as a sports fan in LA.
- Catch a football game. The Rams are the only team in the NFL to win championships in three different cities. You can also watch the Chargers play, an organization that was formerly from San Diego. The city now enjoys a thrilling and fierce rivalry with the Rams. Which team will you support come game day?
- Watch a basketball game. The city also boasts two teams from NBA - the LA Lakers and the Clippers. The Clippers have had players such as Blake Griffin and Chris Paul. Meanwhile, the Lakers have had back to back NBA championships and enjoy an avid base of fans. If you come to a game, you’ll also likely spot a celebrity or two.
- Watch a baseball game. The LA Dodgers have enjoyed six World Series championships and continue to draw in fans every year. The stadium also offers spectacular views of DTLA. If you happen to be in Orange County, check out the LA Angels, located in Anaheim, which is also home to Disneyland.
- Enjoy an Ice Hockey game. In three years, the LA Kings won two Stanley Cup championships. This team is known for their “never give up” attitude, which you can see first hand when you get tickets to a home game.
- Cheer at a soccer game. The LA Galaxy has had big-name soccer players on its team such as David Beckham, Ashley Cole and Steven Gerrard. Be a part of their massive fan base and catch a game at the StubHub Center, a stadium that is now considered one of the best places to watch soccer.